Thursday, May 27, 2004

Countdown

Seventeen hours more and we will be on a plane to the West Coast for a week of doing what our whim dictates. Ahhh. I am looking forward to being in a place where the climate is warmer and more stable. I love travelling. Travelling has one downside...packing. I HATE packing. Unpacking is easier but I hate that too. No matter how much I prepare myself mentally with lists, I still find myself packing until the wee hours of the morning before we have to leave for any destination. My lucky husband gets to snore the night away while I agonize about making sure we have everything we need, but not overstuffing our suitcases. He gets done way ahead of me because he takes care of making sure we have all the gadgets (GPS, PDAs, laptop, video camera, tapes, digital camera, batteries, wall chargers, car charger, battery charger, cables, etc.) that he wants to bring along. Egad. Getting those things ready is a bit easier though. I have to pack toiletries, medication, vitamins, maps, travel documents, etc. and planning two people's wardrobes for an entire vacation. Just thinking about it tires me already!

I must count my blessings though, because the vacation always makes the packing worth it. It's just that I am used to a simple vacation with just a camera and some clothes in tow. Going on a vacation with a techie adds a totally new dimension. Gadgets are supposed to make the vacation experience better. The thing is, sometimes you spend more time setting up the stuff rather than just enjoying the experience. Anyway, just to get out of chilly Boston will be a treat. Having some warmth, whether setting up a gadget or truly experiencing a place, is better than being cold and wet.

:)

Hasta luego, baby!



No comments: