Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Nerve of Paris

"No! It's not right!"

Tell me, Paris. What's not right - the fact that you drove under the influence of alcohol and endangered other people's lives or the fact that you ignored the law twice after that and drove with a suspended license?

Oh, wait - you think it's not right that you're going to jail? Why is that not right? Is it because you're special? Why, you're Paris Hilton and you are above the law! Your family's wealth can buy you out of any trouble!

"I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials. I would hope going forward that the public and the media will focus on more important things like the men and women serving our country in Iraq and other places around the world."

Now suddenly, you want people to have selective attention and look the other way while you're trying to weasel your way out of serving your jail term - telling everyone to focus on "more important things"? Why, you lapped up and made money out of all the attention showered to you by people and the media before!

When are you and your buddies going to stop drinking and driving - when you've maimed and killed innocent people? Believe me, you'll live with that much longer than a 45-day jail sentence.

If you use the time right, this jail term might actually be the best thing to happen to you. I just hope your parents don't continue to mess it up for you. I hope that instead of teaching you that there is always a way to circumvent the law, that they would go buy themselves some parenting skills. They can certainly afford to do so.

No comments: