Monday, May 28, 2007

Very Merry Month

The merry month of May was made merrier by the visit of two special people to our home. It is very rare that I get a visit from anyone in the Philippines so to get two in a month is such a treat!

First, my friend Sheila Francisco dropped by after her NY visit en route to San Francisco. It was a short three-day visit, but like a typhoon touchdown - very memorable. Those of you who know Sheila know much of a riot she is to have around. Even our pup, Katy could not leave her alone. She even kept Sheila company in the guest room for a couple of nights. Thanks for taking the time, my friend. We'll see you in London!!!

Our second visitor was my dear niece, Trixie. She spent almost a week with us, which was good because we got the chance to get to know each other better and have some bonding time. I was too busy balancing two careers when she was growing up, so I really didn't see her much except for the infrequent clan get-togethers. I had such a nice time just getting to know this well-adjusted young lady whom I last saw only as a teen five years ago during my last visit to Manila. We had a true meeting of minds, from one adult to another. I got to know her joys, angsts and I must say I really like the woman she has become. I am very proud to be able to call her my niece.

It's always a treat for me to see family and friends from back home. It gives me a sense of connection to the things that are happening there. They bring a piece of home to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got here thru Bingskee's Warmstone. (http://bingskee.wordpress.com/)

What a great time you've had. I am jealous. I loved the Legally blonde movies. This show from how you described it is a must see for sure. Maybe one day.

I like Fantasia too. Wow, so she's in broadway now huh?

Anonymous said...

it feels good always to bond with kins who've been away for a long time. must be a nice reunion.

MadMuse said...

Leah - yup, she took over the lead role in April, I think.

Bingskee - Yes, it was - both of them. I love catching up. Daming kwento eh!