Sunday, April 09, 2006

Back from the Offsite

It all paid off - the hard work, the prayers, the endless rehearsals in my mind. The division offsite that I had been preparing for the last couple of months has come and gone. I hardly slept, was on my feet all day to make sure that everything happened seamlessly. Considering all the feedback, everyone thinks it was an unqualified success. It appears that no one noticed that I was running around like a headless chicken, putting out tiny fires. And that's how I would have wanted it anyway.

I've gotten congratulations and back slaps from all over. But there was one compliment that stood out from among the rest. A top executive approached me right after the last meeting, held me by the shoulders and said, "I wish I could clone you and send you off to the different divisions!" Embarrassed, I said my thanks and joked that I would do it for a fee. But I didn't feel the floor as I walked away and for a long time after that.

It's my fourth day at home and I'm still recovering from it. I don't know if it's because I lack exercise or I'm just getting old. It's taking me longer to recover from hectic trips, whether business or pleasure. Thus, it's taken me this long to post something here. I've had a lot of little things flit through my mind to write about, but this is as coherent as I can get right now - especially right after having to tackle something as mind-numbing as our taxes. Ugh...and I don't want to get started on that...

3 comments:

LiberalArts said...

Congratulations!

MadMuse said...

Thanks, Cheacherchowee! It's definitely not similar as the applause we get after a good performance on stage, but the satisfaction is quite the same. :)

Anonymous said...

woohoooooo!!!