Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Brown-nosing Implied

"How did you manage to do that?"

A colleague of mine asked me that today when she found out I was going to our division's Leadership Offsite.

She's the third person who's asked me that ever since I was asked to participate and help out. This time, though, I detected a certain tone. See, the offsite is so confidential that some of the reports that are used in it are shredded right after. Therefore, the attendance list is very limited. I'm not exactly sure what the sentiment was behind her query, but I just responded with the truth.

"I did nothing. They asked me to help out, I said yes." I shrugged, smiled and changed the subject.

I haven't been working there long. It'll be a year in a month and a half, so I'm the newbie compared to everyone else. Despite my friendly and professional relationship with everyone I know, I will not be surprised if my attendance in the Offsite has raised a couple of eyebrows. I think that was what prompted that funny-toned question.

I work long and hard, and I always make sure to keep a positive attitude at work. It's not my fault if it's getting noticed. I won't be sorry for it, nor will I say no to opportunities that come my way just because it might ruffle a few feathers.

I enjoy my job, I really do. I'm not about to allow anything or anyone dampen it!

5 comments:

MadMuse said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Joy! :)

Anonymous said...

inggit lang sila sa 'yo dear. huwag pansinin! maraming ganyan! haha

MadMuse said...

Haay...can we all just be happy for one another? :)

Anonymous said...

strangely, a lot of people still expect seniority to count a lot. well, bosses (thank god!) are now looking more into your efficiency and trust worthiness.

hayyy... they're just jealous. instead, they should just react with "oh my, you must be good!" hehe

deadma, piatot, deadma! haha

EchoV said...

Basta wag pansinin ang mga taong walang magawa sa buhay kundi pansinin ang buhay ng iba.