Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Paula's on drugs...

I've been watching my guilty pleasure, American Idol, for the last few weeks now. I must say that this is the best batch of contestants so far. The only downside is having to endure the blather of Paula Abdul. She is getting so annoying! Her eyes are only half open, she almost slurs when she talks with her shaky voice, she claps like a lunkhead and she praises every contestant even when their performance does not warrant it. Her babble has become irritating to say the least. I mean it's nice of her to try to see the positive in every competitor but sometimes it just sounds patronizing already. Her opinion has started to get less and less credible. Even the contestants give her only polite (and hopeful) appreciation when she's heaping praises on them, whereas you can see gratitude in their eyes when Randy Jackson gives them his -- and they just positively glow when Simon Cowell gives them even just a little nod of approval.

Too bad that the audience can't vote on the judges. I would have voted to send her on a little vacation to the Betty Ford Center before she ODs. :)

6 comments:

dexiejane said...

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. She's either stoned or wasted. Or Both!

SeƱor Enrique said...

She's drunk most of the time; that's what it is.

Like you, I also enjoy watching that program :)

LiberalArts said...

I hardly watch American Idol, but yes, she really is the least credible of those three judges.

It is highly likely that she is wasted!

Toe said...

Paula's opinions are nothing. They're irrelevant. She's just everyone's cheerleader and she doesn't give anything. Notice how the contestants are happy only when Simon gives them a good evaluation.

EchoV said...

I still fail to understand what made them choose her as one of the judges in the first place!

MadMuse said...

Dexie - I heard it's pain meds. Whatever it is, she's not handling it well.

Senior Enrique - Right now, she's the only damper to an otherwise great show.

Cheacherchowee! Good to see you here! I hope to see you online more often!

Toe - I guess they need her to kind of neutralize Simon Cowell's very honest assessment. I used to like her, but with her behavior, I like her less and less.

Echov - She was okay in the beginning. Now, I'm not so sure...

Thanks for dropping by, nice people!