Wednesday, July 07, 2004

XX years ago, I...

I got this in an email from my niece, Portia ( http://porsh.blogspot.com ). It's one of those fill-in-the-blank stuff. I thought it would be interesting to put up here.

10 Years Ago, I...
1. was in San Francisco when the big earthquake hit LA. Tricia and I felt the “pre-shock” the night before I left in Pacific Palisades. We were terrified as their house was right on a cliff.
2. shot “Buhay Makulay”, a musical special made for TV with Ray-An Fuentes, Jo Lastimosa, Martin Nievera, Tricia Amper-Jimenez, Duncan Ramos, AJ Eigenmann, etc. in Virginia Beach, VA for 700 Club International. CBN "hijacked" all the Philippine channels during prime time of easter week that year, and inundated everyone with our faces. Haha!

8 Years Ago, I...
1. went backpacking alone through Europe for a month. I did meet up with friends who lived in Belgium, France, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Germany.
2. met Prince Philippe of Belgium. Very nice and unassuming man with a self-deprecating sense of humor.
3. got offered a role in Miss Saigon while visiting the German production.
4. did the role of Belle for a Broadway revue, “The Great White Way”.
5. got offered the role of Svetlana by Monique Wilson for the musical, “Chess” which was slated to be done in the summer of 1996.

5 Years Ago, I...
1. did my last performance in a ten-year span as Asenath for the musical, “Joseph the Dreamer” with Gary Valenciano as Joseph.
2. quit my job at a Swiss sugar trading firm where I worked for a year.
3. got an interim job at the European Union to write their 1999 Living Conditions Report and the 1999 Country Report. Those two reports are the basis of how much compensation and benefits the diplomats get. Boy, were they ever nice to me!
4. got offered a job at Disney World Florida to be part of their Millennium Celebration project which spans 15 months.
5. shot my last TV commercial in Manila for Bayantel, and it was with my MOM!!! We had been offered the parts separately and went home to tell each other about it and found out we were appearing in the same TV Commercial. I played a nagging daughter to my mother. Art imitating life? :)
6. left Manila and arrived in Florida to work with Disney.
7. met Hubby.

3 Years Ago, I...
1. moved into the apartment in Malden with M after living temporarily in Cambridge.
2. applied for a permanent resident card and Michael and I had our interview three months later.
3. started my job in Sasaki Associates in Watertown, MA.
4. got Figaro as a surprise gift from M.
5. got the chance to have a walk-on part in a national TV commercial for Merrill Lynch. I never saw it!

A Year Ago, I...
1. couldn’t go home for my father’s funeral.
2. started working for a financial firm in Boston, MA.
3. had the mole on my chin removed.
4. went to Las Vegas and Grand Canyon with M.

This Year, I...
1. went to Southern California and Tijuana with M. That was fun!
2. will turn 34. Ugh.
3. will get my headshots done. I said that last year though.
4. will apply for my US citizenship.

Today, I...
1. will try to work as best as I can no matter how sick I still feel.
2. hope M feels better.

Tomorrow I will...
1. go to work as usual.
2. try not to get in trouble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pilar!
Love reading your memoirs, the XX years ago is a great idea and something we should all do. What an impressive 10 years you have behind you! Miss you, kisses Marina