Friday, August 29, 2008

The little, pleasurable things in my life...

...these are the first 10 things to come to mind.

1. Sinking my teeth into a toasted onion bagel with crunchy onion bits on top, cream cheese and crispy bacon inside.

2. Watching a glorious sunset from my bedroom window and later seeing the moon cut its nocturnal path in the sky as I bid God and the world a good night.

3. Seeing my little pups happily yelp and jump to try and give me kisses as I walk through the door.

4. Driving during the early hours of the morning, not to work, but to a vacation destination and looking forward to days of vegging.

5. Walking into a squeaky clean house without having lifted a finger to do anything.

6. Being on a beach on a warm, breezy but sunny day, listening to the crash of the waves and the wailing of seagulls.

7. Having the pleasure of catching up with an old friend or relative whom I haven't seen in years.

8. Watching people I care about succeed in whatever they are doing and reach a milestone in their lives. Actually, they don't even have to succeed - just watching them try very hard with little fear already makes me proud.

9. Listening to people boldly tell the truth with no disrespect, reproach, or shame.

10. Going straight downhill on skis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're making me hungry with no. 1!!!

MadMuse said...

Hay naku, Charl. It's one of the best! And the most delicious onion bagel I've ever had is from a shop here called Finagle-A-Bagel. It's just heavenly. I have it for lunch sometimes because it's really filling! :)