Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Deeply Touched

I woke up today and found Hubby acting strangely. He was sitting in front of my computer instead of his and when he saw me approaching, he asked me how long I would need it. I frowned and asked him why he needs my computer when he has his own, plus a laptop. He didn't respond and just worked on his computer as I worked on mine. I stepped away from our office to get ready for the day and went to the bedroom to make the bed. I lifted up my pillow to find an I-Touch box! I ran back to him and the following conversation ensued.

Me: "I can't keep this. It's too expensive considering all the expenses we've had the last year!"
Hubby: "But you've been wanting one for some time now."
Me: "Yes, but that doesn't mean I always get what I want. It can wait until our finances have more breathing room. I can't keep this."
Hubby: "You deserve it for tolerating me the last 7 years. Happy Anniversary!"

He then reached under my desk and showed me the I-Touch, which he had already taken out of the box, all charged and ready for the day for my use. I couldn't argue after that. I just started thanking him profusely and playing with my new toy.

I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. My hubby and the way he just is will probably fill the first 100 in that list.

Happy Anniversary, Hunni!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.. sweet!

Happy Anniversary and Happy Thanksgiving!

MadMuse said...

Thank you, Linnor! Hope you're having a great holiday season as well.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahhaha

Love how you guys are. Sweet at pareho din makulit!!! hehe

mschumey07 said...

Surprises spices up one's relationships. Happy anniversary.

Junnie said...

that was very touching :P

so is it full of beautiful music now? am sure it is...dont forget to load some OPM into it...iba pa rin when Pinoy music streams into an expensive toy :)

MadMuse said...

Melissa - Miss ka na namin. Balik ka na!

Mschumey - Yes, I love surprises. Thank you!

Junnie - Aba'y siempre naman - Pinoy classics, Ryan C songs, Pinoy artists like the CompanY, Janno, Regine, Side A, etc. Inulan ng Pinoy songs ang I-Pod Touch ko. Hahah!