Friday, April 20, 2007

Friendly No More

I'm a friendly person. I usually acknowledge a friendly look with a nod, a slight smile and sometimes, even a casual greeting. I've noticed though that when it comes to men from a particular region of the world, an acknowledgement is mistakenly taken as an encouragement because they start to get fresh with the way they give me a look right after or the next time they see me. Sometimes, it even comes with an accompanying, "Hello, baby!" or some other lame come-on. Creepy!

Because of this, I'm less courteous, less friendly. It's safer than feeding the ego of these men who strut about like roosters, puffing up their chests and always trying to gauge how attractive they are from the reaction of any women who might just give them a glance. Grow up, you overgrown boys! There are less juvenile ways to gain and maintain self-esteem. :)

3 comments:

tintin said...

I don't even make eye contact with men. It just gets weird sometimes. when I'm with hubby, its different. i'm a bit friendlier.

MadMuse said...

That's probably what I need to do, as well.

Anonymous said...

i agree with tintin. it's easier to be friendly with hubby around. those kind of men you mentioned are everywhere in the world, i think. here in the philippines, there are self-absorbed men who believes that when you look them in the eye, you lust for them. really weird. but they exist.