Thursday, March 29, 2007

Midnight Caller

My sleep has been continually disrupted by the phone ringing in the last couple of weeks. For several nights now, my phone has been ringing at the ungodly hour of 2:00 am. The ringtone indicates to me that the caller ID is unavailable or unknown, so I would just slip back into my morphean state with no hesitation. I figured if it was really important, the caller would either leave a message or call again. However, in the last three days, I've been a sleep-starved business traveler and hearing that phone ring at night just drove me to distraction. I actually attempted to answer the phone two nights in a row to remind the caller what time it was with as much politeness I could muster at that time of the night. Every time I picked up, there was no answer and the line would go dead. It's creepy - but really, I'm really more irritated than fearful.

I guess I either need to change my number or just turn my phone off at night. My concern is missing a real emergency because of this inconsiderate bugger who has nothing better to do in the wee hours of the morning but dial someone's number. Grrrr!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was meeeeeee....hehehee! Kidding!! Happy April's Fool Pia!! *wink*

MadMuse said...

Angelita, halika dito para masakal kita. :) Hehe!