Sunday, September 24, 2006

"This house is clean."

No, we didn't hire an exorcist to get rid of a poltergeist. We hired someone to scrub our place clean, down to the hard-to-reach corners.

Hubby and I have been working late a lot recently, so we haven't had the energy to pick up the broom and scrubbing pad to clean thoroughly during the weekends. But even on a good day with our best efforts, our work cannot compare to that of a professional. To an allergy-sufferer like me, not having to deal with dusting gives me some assurance that I'm going to be holding off those histamine-ridden episodes for a bit.

It is an awesome feeling to see our hardwood floors, fixtures and appliances gleam like new. Others treat themselves to a day in the spa. This is my spa day, seeing my place sparkle without having to be the one to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for housekeepers!! :P