Thursday, August 17, 2006

Trying to patiently wait

I think the toughest thing about pursuing something is not the steps that you have to go through in trying to attain it, it is that period of waiting for the result. I am in that very character-forming time right now. :)

I have told myself and countless others during times like these in the past, that God is not so much concerned with the results, as much as He is concerned with how we deal with our process. So day by day, I just try to live and do everything with as much integrity as I can muster and know that whatever happens, it will always work out for the best for me.

Now, the best does not necessarily mean that I get whatever I'm going after. In the past, I have come very close and have had doors close on me at the last possible moment. And for a long time after that, I would be disappointed, questioning why it did not go the way I wanted. That is, until something even better happens which would not have, had I gotten what I originally wanted.

If I don't get this particular pursuit, I know I will be disappointed. But I know that disappointment won't be for very long, because now I am also learning to watch in patient anticipation as to how God will turn things out for even better than what I originally wanted. I have seen Him do it before. I know He will do it again. It's going to be fascinating to watch.

In the meantime, I wait.

3 comments:

The White Rabbit said...

hi pia! so nice to see you on my blog. am glad to know that you're very happy over there. take care and Godbless always!

jennie

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia, like what my mother always tells us, "Everything happens for a reason..." so many 'trying' things have happened to me at a young age...had I not gone through those, I wouldn't probably be where I am now. As you said, "He will do it again"---something that would work best for you :)

MadMuse said...

Jenny - Thanks for dropping by! I went to Joel's blog and saw the link to yours so I thought I'd come a-visiting. :) Glad you could drop by.

Justice - Thanks for the "leg up."
I will trust. No matter what. :)