Monday, July 17, 2006

Waxing Nostalgic

I was in the kitchen cooking when I heard this very familiar song blaring from Hubby's hobby room. Memories came unbidden and brought me back to the younger, crazier, carefree days of my life. He apparently stumbled upon it online while researching on Tagalog. It just so happened that it was a cut from one of Gary Valenciano's concerts of years ago when I toured with him as back up and guest singer. I started singing, dancing - basically going wild. Hubby was quite entertained, but still a bit puzzled. In between verses of singing, I managed to spit out that I was part of that live recording of the concert, that at some points, one of the voices that he was hearing was mine.

Before he could express more of his surprise, I went to look for the CDs of the concert. Now, here I am in my room with that concert blasting along with the recorded screaming of the Araneta Coliseum audience in my ear, recapturing the goosebumps that would envelop us onstage before when 30,000 people started screaming, dancing and stomping their feet during a concert.

It seems like another person's life when I look back. Now I'm here, in a totally different world, working in banking and finance, devoid of anything that colored my life back then. It's during times like this when I get quite homesick and miss everything I had going on back then in Manila.

I'm not ungrateful for what I have right now, not at all. God has given me a chance to explore other worlds and allowed me to flourish in it. Here, I have had the chance to discover and hone talents other than those in the arts. I have found another kind of satisfaction in what I do now, albeit different.

So here I sit, hoping that somewhere in this nostalgic moment, I find some inspiration to write two promised articles. But the way my mind gone off into memory lane, I don't think I'll have much progress tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Pia!! its been awhile i commented here...i am trying to catch up with your blogs..

it isnt too late naman, if you decide you want to go back then you can. it just takes a lot of courage like your expats in your articles..hehehe..it is true, our life here is a farcry from your life back home. Specially yours, iba kase yung high energy around you di ba? I think you would be a success even if you go back home, kaso its our hubbies kase...can you please tell me how you feel about being here in the states, the real feeling? hehehe..just kidding..I can see you are enjoying, pasensya ka na,,,medyo inaantok pa kase ako this morning, but I am excited upon readign your blogs! thanks for sharing!! :P