Saturday, May 21, 2005

Of Firsts and the Force

Week One
It was a crazy first week in my new job. I had about three days to absorb what my predecessor was trying to turn over to me. What's more, we ran into some road blocks as I was not yet set up technically in the corporate server so I could not fully sink my teeth into what I was supposed to learn and do. On top of that, I seem to have come in during the week where events were at fever-pitch so it left me kind of breathless. I was assured that it is not always like that. Whew!

Year One
Where did time go? I looked at my entries and realized that I've been blogging for a year. It certainly hasn't felt that long and yet the proof is all there. Just look to the left! Not only that, some people have deemed my writing worth "publishing". Now how's that for a surprise? One entry of mine has appeared in a newsletter for Habitat for Humanity (circulation 1,500) and a friend invited me to be a part of her online magazine called PINOYexpats, to which I have contributed a few articles. I don't know how long I can keep this con going, but I'll try for as long as I can! :)

The Force
Star Wars' final episode hits the screen. Hubby called me Friday after work and informed me that we were going to the 5:40 pm show. I told him I had to work a bit late and asked if there was a later show. He said they were all sold out. Since I knew that he wanted to go see it badly, I told him to go ahead and I will meet him after the show. "Okay!" he said. Not much convincing needed there! I was chuckling as I put the phone down. We usually watch everything together. Although if the situation were reversed, I probably would have done the same thing. When I met him after the show, he was grinning like a cheshire cat who's just had a meal. It was too cute!

1 comment:

... said...

You and hubby are funny. Dan read your blog and told me about it. He thinks it's funny that hubby didn't have any objections to watching the movie by himself. Very nice.

Also, I remember last year when you asked me what a blog was. Now you're published! Can't say the same for me, but I do love it. I love that the technology allows us to communicate to everyone easily using various methods of media. It's dope.