Thursday, February 24, 2005

I, Me, My and Myself

"I am the center of the universe and everyone else revolves around me."

This must be the daily mantra of some people. They live totally for themselves and take whatever they can get from people around them.

When in need, they do not hesitate to demand for help. Notice, I did not say "ask". They actually make you feel like you owe it to them. In contrast, when they are asked for any help or favor, they try every ruse to avoid extending themselves in any way. When all excuses are exhausted, they make you go through the wringer and a whole lecture before they grudgingly give in to any request, no matter if you are asking the favor on someone else's behalf. What's more, they make sure that the 'help' they extend is rubbed in and never forgotten. I guess it's very seldom that they do something for others that they think they deserve a ticker-tape parade when it happens. It amazes me how anyone can morph into that kind of human being. What kind of nurturing have they had for them to turn out so darn selfish?

No, I haven't had any recent incidents that I have to vent about it here now. I'm just stating an observation on behavior that I have witnessed a few times. It makes me wonder how a person can live that way. It must not be a very happy existence.

No comments: