Thursday, February 17, 2005

Applause and Woohoos

I guess I looked like death warmed over yesterday. I had missed work the previous day but came to work to meet some deadlines. My boss told me, "It's going to be slow tomorrow. I'm serious, why don't you take the day off and get well?" He said it again right before I went home. So today, I decided to stay home and rest, physically and mentally preparing myself for the shows this weekend starting tonight.

Last weekend's run went very well. We had our best show thus far on Saturday night. The high energy of the cast and the great enthusiasm of the audience made for a highly-charged evening. The cast gave their all, and the audience lapped it up. They were reacting to everything, and crying and laughing at all the right moments. It was also the night that most of my 'posse' came to watch, so I had an extra warm round of applause and a lot of 'woohoos' when my turn to bow came along. Among those in the audience were M's family, a former roommate, some friends from my office, M's officemates, and a couple of friends from Manila. My friend, Mia, who was part of the German cast of this same show, flew in. She claims to be my biggest fan (right...) and wanted to see me perform. It was also a chance for her to reminisce when she played 'Gigi', which is the same role I was doing. A lot of the cast members were aware that she was coming and were quite pleased to meet her. She really enjoyed the show, as did everyone else that I know who came. Of course, Mia and I stayed up talking until 3:30 am just dissecting the Gigi character and discussing the show. It was fun, at least for us. M fell asleep!

It was a really enjoyable weekend. For an artist, there's nothing like doing a good show and a bunch of people that you love watching you perform in it. It is very special moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey that's great news! you could breathe more easily now...

happy weekend! :)

MadMuse said...

We do have a long weekend so that makes it nice! Thanks, Linnor!