Saturday, November 06, 2004

Lazy Saturday

Blog-Hopping
Today was pretty much another lazy day. After hubby brought my usual Saturday breakfast-in-bed, I went online and just started blog hopping, while hubby read his PC World beside me on his computer. While he perused geek stuff, I played voyeur, looking through a keyhole into other people's lives.

How varied and different people's views on the world are! And if you read on, you may find a clue or two on how those views were shaped by the circumstances and influences in their lives. You find blogs that are funny or serious commentaries on current events, story-telling, life journals that can match any soap operas or telenovelas, you will find ones that drip with so much hate and anger that it leaves a sick feeling in your stomach, and ones that obviously cry for help it makes you tear up.

It evoked so many kinds of emotions that it left me a bit tired by midday. And I hadn't even stepped out of my bedroom!

Vocal Stress
I also spent the afternoon bugging my poor neighbors and rehearsing my songs for my cousin's wedding on Friday. I have been honored with the invitation to sing in her wedding ceremony at the St. James Cathedral in Orlando. I have long neglected to do my vocal exercises since I no longer am an active performing artist, and now my vocal chords are exhausted! What's worse is, I have this mild cold that might just turn worse. I used to have extremely sturdy vocal chords. I never needed much warm up before any concert or musical, and still have my voice intact after a couple of hours of performance. I never followed the "no cold drinks" rule and survived unscathed. Now, I can really feel the stress after a couple of hours of rehearsing, and I feel wary enough to shun anything too hot or too cold for fear of damaging my voice before Friday. With some precautions and a lot of prayers, I hope to be able to render my songs without embarrassing myself.

Habichat
Justin from Habitat for Humanity stumbled across my blog about my volunteer experience. A couple of weeks ago, he emailed me to ask if they could reprint my article in their newsletter. It's a 2-4 page publication that is circulated to their offices in the US and worldwide. I was happy to have the privilege to share my thoughts to help a great cause. Yesterday, they printed it and sent me a copy of their newsletter. :)

PINOYexpats
Soon, the next issue of PINOYexpats will go live. We've cooked up something sumptuous so don't forget to visit the site to check it out!

Bon weekend to all!



3 comments:

hlF said...

heya! thanks for your comment on my blog! i'm doing ok with my job, i'm now into my 2nd project. (^__^)v

Trinity13 said...

I to am happy that you stopped by and posted a great comment on my blog. Thanks and great post!

shadowlane said...

blog hopping :)
nice posts... gotta read them all later. keep 'em coming :)