Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Boiling Over

It finally won. The mild cold that I've been fighting for a couple of weeks has overcome my system and I officially have a very bad cold. The worse thing is, everytime I get a bad cold, it's like my system goes on overdrive and goes wild churning out histamines to fight off anything that it thinks might be an enemy. Thus, I get the double-whammy, cold and allergy. That, plus hormones that are going crazy and you get one tangled mess of female nerves.

Today at work, it boiled over and I found myself sobbing over something I would normally shrug off. I surprised even myself at how weepy I was over something that I usually shake off like water off a duck's back. I made a conscious effort to pull myself together. I called Hubby to help me do just that and he had me chuckling with him after a few minutes.

I used to think that PMS was a very convenient way for women to act like brats and bi-atches. I do not suffer from extreme moodswings too often. I consider myself fortunate. I'm sure hubby feels the same way too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, especially this holiday weekend! Eniweys, get well real soon, Tokaya! Ooops, I'm just wondering... Did you get the email that I sent in your blogmuse account? I hope you didn't think that it's spam! :)

MadMuse said...

Tokaya, I didn't get the email! Hubby set it up and it automatically deletes email when the subject is changed. He does this to prevent webcrawlers from spamming the mailbox. Sorry...can you send it again?

Anonymous said...

Ok, done!! It's not much though. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, done!! It's not much though. :)

MadMuse said...

Nagsalita si malambot ang ulo...heheh! Kelan ka nga US bound? Excited na 'ko makita ka!