Thursday, October 18, 2007

High and Dry

Lately, I haven't been able to focus my thoughts long enough on any particular thing to put them down in writing. It is definitely not for a lack of opinion, or emotion, or things to write about. I guess I'm just going through a dry spell. Sorting my thoughts out and putting them "on paper" is just a real effort these days.

Although the things I've mulled over the past few weeks range from general stuff like the Filipino self-esteem in terms of the Desperate Housewives brouhaha; people who don't put any value to their verbal commitments; my current involvement in the company's campaign for the United Way (non-profit); to more personal stuff like career next-steps, as I've been asked if I would consider moving to another state for the company; and analyzing motivations for a character I'm playing in a show I'm doing. I can expound on each one of these but somehow I am just not in the mood to do so.

I'm just in a rut.

2 comments:

Junnie said...

no you're not.

You are just living life.
Life is full decisions.
Hard decisions.
Life is giving you an empty paper.
All we see are smudges and creases.
Not empty we say. Full of constraint.

But if you stop.
Concentrate. Let things flow. Pray.
You will discover you just need one thing to do.
To just do it.

Stop. Think. Write. Let it flow.
Open the gates of creativity.

kaya mo yan

MadMuse said...

Ang kata mo, Junnie! Di, di ko kaya yan!!!