Friday, January 05, 2007

First Week

I've spent the first week of the New Year fighting off a bad cold. It started as a little tickle in my throat a couple of days before the New Year. From then on, I've been downing medicines like crazy to stave off the microbes that were laying siege to my system. There was just no way I was going to give in as we were slated to host the family for New Year's Eve . We had everything all figured out - dinnerware, flatware, stemware, placecard holders, wine, hors d'oeuvres, appetizer, entrees, dessert, etc. Aside from the fact that I wasn't my usual kissy and huggy self to prevent the spread of my holiday germs, everything went great with the dinner, the countdown, the dancing, the Wii-playing. We had loads of fun! We had so much food left over that I invited everyone back the next day to pick up from where we left off. Am I a sucker for punishment!? This time though, we used plastic ware so we would not stay up washing dishes until the wee hours of the morning. The merriment continued until late into the night as nobody wanted to break up the party. It was torture getting up the next day to get to work - so much that I vowed to take the 2nd of January off every year from now on.

The first week at work was uneventful, thankfully. Given my cold meds-ridden condition, I probably couldn't take our usual crazy week. It was slow enough for me to decide to just work from home today and get over the cold and the extreme muscle ache from too much Wii workout. It's awesome to be able to work in my jammies and take a siesta at mid-day.

After the last two busy holiday weekends, we plan to just veg and chill this weekend to recover. It makes me giddy just to think about it! :)

A fantastic 2007 to all!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got the Wii! I had so much fun playing that at a cousin's friends house. Although they weren't too thrilled with my erratic hand movements. They thought I would break their sliding balcony glass door. As if!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new house! Very cute.

You were able to get your hands on a Wii! The stores all around here were all out of stock a day after it was available and I refuse to stand (or sleep) in line overnight.

All the best in 2007.

MadMuse said...

Tin and Jane -

We didn't get the Wii, but our nephew did! He leaves it with us when he knows he's coming by again the next day anyway. He likes playing with his child-ish Aunt and Uncle! :)

We refuse to line up for that too so we'll just get it when the prices have gone down because of market saturation. :)

It's a lot of fun. It's the most exercise we have gotten this winter considering we haven't been able to go skiing because there hasn't been any good snow here or nearby!

Thanks for dropping by! Happy 2007!