Thursday, December 07, 2006

Not Just Yet

Today, I officially got blown off the position I was seeking nearly six months after I put my foot forward for consideration. The consolation is, I was one of the "last men standing". It felt good to be even considered for the job, given the short time that I've been with the company. I was encouraged by the senior execs to gain more experience as they believe that I had the potential to eventually grow into the role in the near future. I just wasn't ready now - not just yet. I was told that they are very supportive of me finding another role that would provide me that experience that I need in order to hone and maximize my potential. So yes there is some disappointment, but there is also promise.

From what I've seen of the disappointments in my life, things always have a way of turning out better than I had originally planned or desired. It just takes a bit of patience and faith to watch it all unfold. So I'll give it my best while I wait and see.

In the meantime, Hubby got his year-end review in. He was rated as "Outstanding, without peer". I really didn't know what that meant until he explained it to me. Apparently, it's a rating rarely given out in their company, and it means that he excelled in every aspect of doing his job - above his colleagues. With all the hard work he's been putting in, I'm glad he finally got some well-deserved recognition. Congratulations, Hunni!

:*

No comments: