Thursday, December 21, 2006

The First Time the Bug Bit


Sound of Music - 6th Grade
Originally uploaded by MadMuse.
My school had a grand reunion several days ago. Needless to say, I wasn't able to attend in person as I am too house-poor to do any traveling for the next ten years. I was, however, able to attend via video-conferencing, which was okay - but, of course, nothing like being there.

Anyway, they had a slideshow which showed all our horrendous sixth grade photos, plus a few of the activities that we had that year. This photo has a special place in my heart because this was my first ever theatrical venture and it was done in school. Oh, I've had a couple of ballet recitals under Shirley Halili-Cruz by then but this was when the bug really bit and I knew I belonged onstage.

My road to getting the role was not easy, but that's for another blog. Can you pick me out? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

st. scho ka ba piatot? I have a friend here na umuwi for the grand reunion. she was given an award. outstanding alum - v. consul kasi sya dito.

MadMuse said...

Nope, not from St. Scho, although I have a lot of friends who are. Funny, because we have a classmate who also was just awarded the TOYM award this year so, of course, he was feted in our reunion, as well. :)

Kat said...

Hey, I was at HCSD for a few years, too. If I remember correctly, she taught at our school before she opened up her own studio. Tama ba yon?

MadMuse said...

Right, you are! She taught in our school and Sienna College. Afterwards, she opened the school in Quezon Blvd.

I was corresponding with her just a few months back. She's still a sweetheart. :)

Kat said...

I think HCSD spoiled me for ballet. When we moved to Oz and I was stuck in a local ballet school run from someone's garage, learning the RAD syllabus, I lost my love for it. I wish I'd taken it more seriously in my youth.