Sunday, December 18, 2005

Walking on Water

Today, we walked on water -- the frozen waters of the lake in the Boston Public Gardens, that is.

As is our routine on Sundays after church, we take a walk from the Boston Commons, through the Public Gardens on our way to Newbury Street. It was a cold day so we were not doing our usual slow and leisurely pace. I told Hubby that we could not linger in the Gardens for random photos, as we normally do. But then we saw the lake -- completely frozen over. To me, it looked magical. Like the few other people that were there, we "waded" in. We just couldn't resist.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Lake at the Boston Public Garden


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A rare pose from Hubby


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Watching and 'Wading'


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Lab and His Master Playing


We watched some parents play with their kids on the ice, a couple of guys brought their iceskates, hockey sticks and puck and started a game, a golden retriever was running, slipping and sliding with his master and three teenagers just being silly and having a snowball fight. We could hardly tear ourselves away from the idyllic scene. But alas, we had some Christmas shopping to do. So before long, we had to make our way to Newbury Street. Of course, Hubby, being shutter-happy as he is, took some more pictures along the way.

It was a perfect winter day in Boston.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hancock Tower and Trinity Church at Twilight

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Bird resting on a tree branch at Old South Church, Boylston cor. Darmouth Streets

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we went to Bostona almost 12 yrs ago. I remember it because my first born was only a few months. My husband had some friends over there and he had some business with a company named Keltron. we just visited some of his friends but he didnt tour me in the city. Now, I can see what I missed. Maybe someday when go to Ny,we'd go to visit you? Take care!
angelita

MadMuse said...

Sure! Let me know when you're coming! :)

Anonymous said...

Love Hubby's pic's of Boston! Merry Christmas darlings ( a little late but better late than never, right?)and have a prosperous New Year. Marina

LiberalArts said...

Pia!

What a lovely blog. I am back online.... well, as much as I can. Still in between writing deadlines that I would like to finish before the new year sets in because i want time to fix up my journals to end the year and to begin the new one.

And such beautiful pictures! I hope your holidays were good and have a blessed, blissful, baby-filled year ahead.

I am planning a trip to the US in April. Hopefull we get to see each other then!

love,
Chari