Sunday, June 08, 2008

Spring really sprung this year

I didn't understand why some people's favorite season is Spring until this year. You see, I never really experienced Spring in New England because it didn't exist, at least not since I lived here. All these years I've felt like it went straight from winter to summer, from heavy coats to tank tops, shorts and flip flops. Spring was something that happened in other places - something that I just read about.

This year is different. We are actually having a beautiful spring and the weather is comfortably cool. Our lawn and backyard are lush and our flowers are abloom longer. In the morning when it starts to get light around 5 am, the birds chirp merrily and the funny woodpecker pecks incessantly. In the evening, we have what I think is a nightingale serenading us to accompany the owl's very amusing hooting. It is like the world has come alive after New England's sleepy, long winter. It's the kind of spring that I have read so vividly described in books - the burst of life and colors after the grey and silent winter.

It has been quite a thrill for me to see it all unfold.

2 comments:

Junnie said...

brace yourself for a hot summer in a couple of days...why o why am i a scrooge about the weather hehehe

I love Boston with all the greens and the gardens...I hate Boston though - for the next 2 weeks as we fight the Celtics in the NBA!

MadMuse said...

Hi, Junnie!

I think we're in for a really warm summer nga, hot and humid!

We're no. 1 so I understand the "inggit". Nyahahah! ;)