Friday, June 18, 2004

Routine Check-up

I went to my dermatologist/allergist on Tuesday for a routine check-up. I come out of that office with stitches on two different areas of my left leg. As my doctor, who looks more like a mad scientist with his long, salt and pepper hair in wild disarray, proceeded to examine me, he asked if I had any spots on my legs. I showed him two spots that appeared in the last five years. He became a bit concerned because both looked like very dark and irregular moles. He asked me if I minded having a bit of scarring on my leg. I assured him that since I did not plan on joining any beauty pageants, that it really did not matter to me. Anyone would rather have a scar than risking skin cancer, right? So off he went to get his paraphernalia ready and proceeded to cut and snip away. I wanted to sit-up and watch but didn't think he would like that. I spied him taking two good chunks of flesh from my leg and put it in separate cases. I was quite surprised at how deep he went. It looked like about an eighth of an inch deep and across. He then proceeded to stitch me up. Thank God for novocaine, I did not feel a thing! So now I'll be sporting bandages on my leg for the next couple of weeks. So much for getting a nice, even tan!

No comments: